Thursday, February 08, 2007

Do the Math


No matter how often I try and convince myself that Math is my friend, the more I realize there's a reason I hate it altogether - it's purely evil.

I am reminded of its practicality in real-life situations and work-related scenarios but quite frankly, it ranks up there with cleaning house or doing laundry - I simply despise it!

Intermediate Algebra is the (new) death of me. How on Earth am I going to get passed this class, I ask myself constantly. Just when I think I understand a concept, I get thrown another curve ball. Linear equations, domain, range, functions, graphing, etc.

Give me something to write, to photograph or something on which to report and I'll have it to you in 10 minutes flat. But put a hideous equation in front of me and expect me to know off the top of my head which formula to use for a given situation, I just want to spit.

The tutors in the Math Lab are cringing each time they see me come through those doors. They always make you feel two-inches high. I was 5 feet tall (sad, I know) upon arriving at the Math Tutor Lab but when I leave school I feel as though my brain got fried, tied and baked beyond recognition.

Will someone explain this stuff to me? I can't take it anymore.

No comments: