Saturday, July 29, 2006

Registration


I really hate it when I wait PATIENTLY for my appointment time to register for classes and the pop-up window tells me, "Please allow up to 48 hours for the web site to update. If you have a fee-waiver, your adjusted total will not post immediately. Please check back later." So I do as they say and I WAIT. I WAIT longer. I WAIT even longer.

Now it's time to check to see if my waiver has been applied, and sure enough - it has. With that said, I now have 72 hours to pay for the remaining balance otherwise my classes may be dropped. Fine. I've done this before online, no worries. But when do they start counting the hours? AFTER my waiver has been posted? Or starting from the date and time I register?

Now a new problem has occured. Being laid-off from work (is no walk in the park, let me tell you), I no longer have the bank account tied into a direct deposit that isn't happening anymore because I am suddenly unemployed. Which ultimately means, I cannot pay for my fees online. Not yet, at least, until I can reopen another account some place else.

So, what do I do? Use my tapped out credit card? In a pig's eye! I don't dare ask my husband because he won't like the fee amount, even though I will try and convince him that is AFTER the tuition fee-waiver has been applied. So, I read further and search for details about paying by check or in person.

Paying in person is not available until the week prior to the start of the Fall session, which is August 14th when the school reopens. But remember, I have only 72 hours in which to pay for my fees or my classes will be dropped.

COME ON! This is just wrong!

No comments: