Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Update

Wow! It's been a while. I have been really busy with my other blog that I completely neglected maintaining this one. I intend to be more diligent in keeping this blog up-to-date with all the latest and greatest progressive-style blogs.

To bring you up to speed: It was a tough Spring 2006 semester for me only because I took on more than what I could originally handle. I was ignorant for thinking I could handle 19 units while working full time and maintaining a household. After much contemplating, rearranging and changing my major (yet again) I had to drop my Music Theory class with Dr. Reid and Political Science class with Amy Pritchett (again). I hated having to do that but it was the only way I could protect my GPA and not be fully condemned to Academic Probation, although I found out two days ago that by my dropping those two courses in the middle or towards the end of the semester; because of the way in which it was done, the "W's" that I receive very well could actually work against me in the near future. Because I dropped well after the deadline for "Last Day to Drop without a "W" (withdrawal), I resulted to dropping online and emailing my professors. Now, having called the Financial Aid office, I found out that because two courses were already dropped, I am on 1st and 2nd probation, meaning any other courses from this point on, if I were to drop again without a "W" or after the fact, could jeopardize or cause termination of my financial aid. OH NO!!!! I can't have that happen.

My grades for Spring 2006 were:
  • Biology 101 - a "B"
  • English 106 - a "B"
  • Basic Math - an "A"
I ended up starting over with math simply to get myself reacquainted with some of the basics prior to going into pre-Algebra and Algebra. I will have to speak to my counselor to determine what college level math is specific to a Communications major and English minor.

So, tomorrow, Wednesday, July 26 (or is that today? Look what time it is - 2:50 AM)...I have my registration appointment at 10:00 AM. I have to wake up early and look over my choices before I get stumped in the middle of registration. That would not be fun!

I'll leave you with this tonight. During Summer school, I took English 102 with Dr. Marshall and I loved it, learned so much, and wrote a great deal, I received an "A" from her. I was ecstatic! She was very courteous and recognized my writing talent, too. I am now finishing up Political Science, and remember this is the second time around to take it. So far it's proven better than the first time taking it. I am at a high "B" - thankfully - compared to last semester's "D". Yes, can you believe it? I NEVER GET "D's". I was so upset as I did not have the time to dedicate myself to her class. This time around is better, and I am determined to make it work!

Okay...I'm off to bed! I hope I don't sleep past my appointment time. That would be detrimental to my health.

No comments: