Sunday, January 22, 2006

1/22/06

POSC 100

Yesterday marked our first on-campus meeting which was Orientation. The online course is similar to that of Blackboard. I believe it's powered by the same source. There is a ton of stuff on Professor Pritchett's course I really don't know where to start. I must say this, she is very well organized and has everything in order. Clearly she is very computer savvy and has a wealth of knowledge. I really don't have an opinion on Politics or Political Science so it will be interesting to see how this course will evolve over the next few weeks/months and more importantly, I am curious to know if any of my views will change or perhaps even form new views. It's really late (4:08 AM) and I should really be in bed now, so off I go. I've got 2 more chapters to complete in Math then I will spend some time working on POSC. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Annie said...

It's me. Here we are well into our seventh week of the semester (can you believe it?). I completely overwhelmed myself this semester and took on the role of "Superwoman" thinking I could somehow muster enough time, strength and energy to manager 19 units. I blame it on the Invasion of the Body Snatcher who temporarily ceased my body and took over my consciousness the past 2 months. Believe me, when I came to, you can imagine my surprise to see that some idiot signed me up for 19 units. Just wait until I find out who that person was. I've got a lickin' coming to that nerd you won't believe.
Today I meet with Velia to discuss my education plan I'm sure. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees my transcripts. I have trouble looking at them myself. I need superpower sunglasses to shield it's illuminating "SUCKER" sign written all over it, or it may appropriately be labeled with an "L" on the culprit's forehead.
I hope to get some things resolved today to include whether or not any of my online classes (really two online classes) are in jeopardy: English or Political Science. I did the Math (ironically the only subject I seem to be doing half-way decent in this semester) and after my calculations (forget someone else's calculations) I am averaging 0.69999 in POSC (just under the cut off for a C) and about an 0.86 in English - a B. It's not over yet...there's still a few more writing assignments due in English plus a final exam to take in POSC. I don't know the best scenario but I suppose we'll go over that today.
Biology so far has been a steady B but we have another mid-term this week that I haven't even touched on studying.
And not that I am using this as an excuse (okay...you got me, I am!) I am a working mom of 4 children and have a full load of classes for school. I'm not asking for sympathy (okay, you got me again...I am!) or empathy (you can at least muster that much couldn't you?) but for those people in my inner circle who have only 1 or 2 classes and either don't work or work very little, all I can say is kudos to you (you've outsmarted me once again) and you had BETTER be getting an A in the class since you have all this FREE time on your hands. One could only wish to be in your position (this one at least).
Next year, if that idiot decides to come back and try and load me up with a ton of classes I plan to put her in a comatose state or at least pinch her really hard so as not to commit myself to another suicide semester.
All for now (because I fear there's more later?).
-A