Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fee, (Fi, Fo) Books

One roadblock after another. Can someone help me pay for school??? I only have parking fees ($14) and books (I only have the following items to buy...and they're cheap through Half.com):

 Prealgebra: K. Elayn Martin-Gay
Paperback, 2004 - Buy it for $20.00 (Save 82%)

Options: Max. Price: $30.00



 The Media in Your Life: Jean Folkerts, Stephen Lacy
Paperback, 2003 - Buy it for $14.50 (Save 84%)

Options: Max. Price: $13.00



 Physical Geology: Charles Plummer, David McGeary,
Diane H. Carlson
Hardcover, 2004 - Buy it for $14.50 (Save 88%)

Options: Max. Price: $15.00



A mere $63.00 plus tax!!!! Arrghhh!!!

I'm having difficulty understanding how our Financial Aid office is backwards. I have to register first, then prove that I am enrolled and an active student in school, by way of an electronic registration print-out and a letter, in order to receive my scholarship and student loan. I, apparently, did not qualify for a PELL Grant, which ultimately hurts the wallet since I am no longer employed. I have to wait until after September 9th to get any financial assistance. Ouch!

No comments: