Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Journalism

Today was interesting! Upon arriving at Journalism 118 class, I met "Raymond" and "Jennifer" who are fellow-classmates. They seemed really nice. Then Mr. Mercer arrives and we begin to get acquainted with the classroom, etc.

There was also a former Cypress College student and recently graduated student from CSUF visiting Mr. Mercer. He much insight on broadcasting, journalism, and Communications as a whole. We found out that live broadcasting from our CNC-Live studios will begin the week of Sept 5, two weeks away! We'll be able to creat a project of our own or with a group. The details are still a little unclear at this point but we'll learn more on Wednesday. Also, on Wednesday, we'll be able to take our Press Pass pictures! Sounds like fun!

Mr. Mercer, seems pretty knowledgeable in his resources, however he lacks (as he admists it himself) some updates on technology. I'm curious to see what Wednesday's class will be like. I hope more people sign up. There was, and still is, a potential threat this class may be canceled due to low enrollment. Mr. Mercer made copies of a flyer on his computer for me and I walked to the student center to have stamped in order for me to post them all throughout the school. I ran into a little snag in getting them photocopied, but I suppose I'll get it done soon.

Okay, more later.

No comments: