Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Geology 100


Tonight's class was pretty interesting. We read through the syllabus and went over some housekeeping details. We began through a slideshow presentaton of some important terminology. Turns out, we have a reading assignment and a research paper due weekly. The research paper is due weekly to keep students on their toes. So if you didn't read the material, I suppose you'd know once grades were posted.

My professor allows audio recordings so this may come in handy. I only hope it doesn't accumulate into a wasted stack of unwanted and unreusable CD's after the semester end as in my Biology and History classes. Plus, I don't know if I can find the software for the digital recorder I have. I suppose I can look for it online, I hope. But the only problem is converting it from a WMA format to MP3 format. I would imagine it will be faster on my new laptop than that of the old one, but I hate to use up so much memory just for that. I'll have to figure out what to do about storage as I don't want to keep it on my hard drive for too long.

So, I have two chapters to read and a research paper to submit by next Monday, Aug 27th. I should get to my reading material by Thursday since I have no classes that day or night. In fact, I have no classes on Thursday or Friday (cool!), but I do have an all-morning Math class on Saturdays! It was either that (Saturday) or nothing. I couldn't rearrange my M or T classes so Sat was the only feasible solution.

More later!

No comments: