Monday, August 07, 2006

I Should Be Worrying, Right?

Shouldn't I be concerned? I have registered for my classes for school but I haven't paid for my portion for the Fall. I have to pay parking, student health fees and other student fees. I just can't do that right now. I am POOR! I have NO money! How pathetic is that? Being unemployed really sucks! My financial aid doesn't kick in until after September 9th, after my mandatory Finanical Aid orientation. I have to submit a THANK YOU card/letter and proof of registration to the Financial Aid office prior to receiving my scholarship money. Who knows how long it will be before I receive my student loan money.

On top of that, and to make matters worse, I haven't bought my books yet either! Arrrghhh!!!! School starts in less than 16 days and I am so unprepared. It's upsetting me because I am usually an organized and structured kind of a person and this is beyond my control. Being POOR has its set-backs, that's for sure.

Lastly, I am still debating about my major. I was at church all weekend as this was my weekend to sing on the praise team. I know in my heart this is my calling - to serve in praise teams! So, my question is whether or not to major in Music, as this is my passion, or should I go the most sensible, most lucrative route and major in Communications? Whichever career I decide, I will tack on English as my minor. It's not too late to change (or keep) my major because I am completing two components of my GE's before I take any speciality or course-specific classes. Actually, that's not true. Yes, I do have a few components to complete for my GE's, but in terms of course-specific classes, because currently my major is Communications, I am taking a Journalism class this fall. The only reason I wouldn't want to go the Music route is because it's so extensive a program! I have to complete many more units for Music Education than say, Communications. I would complete faster as a Communications major than any other subject. Then there's always that desire to teach. Should I go through a credentialing program upon graduation from CSUF? What to do, what to do?

How frustrating!!!!

No comments: